Buttermilk & Orange Pancakes
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 cups (500 ml) buttermilk
½ cup Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre®
1 cup (250 ml) self-raising flour
1 tsp (1 ml) salt
3 Tbsp (45 ml) honey
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
zest of 1 orange
olive oil, for frying
handful of mint leaves
honey, to serve
strawberries, to serve
- Pour the buttermilk over the Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre® in a medium bowl and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Sift the self-raising flour and salt together.
- Stir the honey, egg and egg yolk, olive oil and zest through the buttermilk mixture.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix through.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a small frying pan over low-medium heat. Add enough of the pancake mixture to the pan to cover it in a thin layer. The mixture is quite stiff so you might need a spoon to spread the mixture around to cover the pan.
- Fry until the top is almost set. Turn over and fry until golden brown.
- Keep the pancakes warm and repeat with the rest of the mixture. Scatter mint leaves over and serve with warmed honey and strawberries.
(Images courtesy of Caxton Publications)
These calculations are theoretical according to MRC FoodFinder (2012).