Apple & Spice Biscuits
310 ml brown sugar
80 ml margarine
60 ml apple purée
60 ml honey
2 egg whites, lightly beaten until frothy
50 ml Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre®
625 ml self-raising flour, sifted
5 ml cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease an oven tray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and margarine together in a mixing bowl until combined and lighter in colour.
- Stir in the apple purée, honey and egg whites. Don't worry if the mixture appears to curdle at this stage.
- Stir in the Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre® cereal, the self-raising flour and the cinnamon. Mix well until combined.
- Roll teaspoons of the mixture into little balls and place 5 cm apart on the prepared tray. Press down with a fork and sprinkle with some Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre®cereal.
- Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned and repeat with the rest of the dough.
|Average estimated nutritional content per serving|
(Images courtesy of Caxton Publications)
These calculations are theoretical according to MRC FoodFinder (2012).