Date & Spice Muffins
1 ¼ cups Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre®
1 ½ cups skim milk
1 egg, separated
60 g margarine, melted
¾ cup chopped dates
2 Tbsp honey
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ cup castor sugar
1 extra egg white
Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre® for topping
- Place Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre® and milk in a large bowl and stand for 5 minutes until softened.
- Beat in egg yolk, margarine, honey and dates.
- Sift the flour and spices together.
- Stir in the sugar and add to the Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre® mixture, being careful not to overbeat.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased muffin tray and sprinkle each muffin with some Kellogg's® All-Bran Hi-Fibre®.
- Bake at 190ºC for 20 minutes until golden brown.
|Average estimated nutritional content per muffin|
(Images courtesy of Caxton Publications)
These calculations are theoretical according to MRC FoodFinder (2012).